Contact Information:Natasha Yust Averett
National Board Certified TeacherScience Department ChairRandall K Cooper High School2855 Longbranch RoadUnion, Kentucky 41091Phone: (859) 384-5040 Ext: 2203Fax: (859) 384 - firstname.lastname@example.org
This picture was taken at the Diamond Botanical Gardens in a rain forest on the island of St. Lucia (December, 2008)
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically... Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Do more than exist, live.
Do more than touch, feel.
Do more than look, observe.
Do more than read, absorb.
Do more than hear, listen.
Do more than listen, understand.
Do more than think, ponder.
Do more than talk, say something.
John. H. Rhoades
Materials for Mrs. Averett's students
Students will need to have all materials by Monday August 19, 2014. They are encouraged to bring all items the first day of school if at all possible.
- Three inch 3-ring binder. Loose notebook paper kept in the binder.
- Writing utensil(s) - one pack of pencils and one pack of pens. (Please write your name and period in ink on each package)
- Roll of paper towels (please write your name and period in ink on package).
- Colored pencils - pack of 24 different colors. (Please write your name and period in ink on each package)
The Parent Portal is a web-based system that all Boone County Schools use to house information and data about your child. It is a great way to stay on top of your child's progress throughout the school year. Your child's grades are updated on a weekly basis (usually Monday morning) so you can be as up to date with their progress as possible. One helpful hint: When looking at your child's grades, if the data is left blank it simply means the grade has not yet been entered. This does not lower or negatively effect your child's grade in anyway. If an assignment has not been completed or submitted there will be a zero or a "missing" notation entered into the grade area.
Your log in works from school to school within Boone County, so if you had access from the elementary or middle school in prior years, you can use that access information for your child at Cooper.
TWO IMPORTANT THINGS:
1. If you do not have access to log-in; please stop by our main office to obtain the activation code and step-by-step instructions. You will need a photo ID in order to receive the activation code. Dory Branch is the contact person.
Media Center Availability
The school Media Center (library) is open daily from 7 a.m. until 3:00 p.m Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. until 2:45 p.m. on Fridays. Students can access computers, printers, email, internet and additional resources before and after school.