WELCOME! This website is designed to help Mrs. Averett's students be successful. Here you will find course information, online resources, class notes, assignments and worksheets for your Biology, Honors Biology or Advanced Topics in Science class. General Information for all classes can be found here.
science and engineering to
To accomplish this goal it is my desire to help students become aware of seven crosscutting concepts that span the various disciplines of science, to learn how to participate in eight fundamental scientific practices and to learn about the core ideas in the life sciences.
The above picture was taken at the Diamond
Botanical Gardens in a rain forest on the island of St. Lucia (December, 2008)
Do more than exist, live.Do more than touch, feel.
Do more than look, observe.Do more than read, absorb.
Do more than hear, listen.Do more than listen, understand.
Do more than think, ponder.Do more than talk, say something.
-John. H. Rhoades
The deadline for all late, missing and absent work assigned between October 19th and November 4th is November 11th. You will need to make up all assessments in Voluntary Tutoring during JAM no later than November 11th. Please sign up for Voluntary Tutoring in a timely fashion to ensure all items will be completed on time. All work from these dates must be made up and submitted by this deadline to receive credit.
The deadline for all late, missing and absent work assigned between September 19th and October 18th is October 21st.
*This will take us to the end of the 1st quarter. This will give students the rest of the week to make up all missed items and have them submitted with time to grade before grades need to be posted by the morning of the 24th for report cards.
- You will need to make up all assessments in Voluntary Tutoring during JAM no later than given date.
- Please sign up for Voluntary Tutoring in a timely fashion to ensure all items will be completed on time. Remember, Voluntary Tutoring is only available for Freshmen on Mondays and Thursdays. Plan accordingly.
- If you are enrolled in RTI during JAM or are an FMP it is your responsibility to discuss this with Mrs. Averett and schedule an alternative time to complete missing assessments.
- All work from these dates must be made up and submitted by this deadline to receive credit.
Due Monday August 22
Students will need to have all materials by Monday 22 August 2016. Students are encouraged to bring all items the first day of school if at all possible.
- Three inch 3-ring binder. Suggestion: Office Impressions Economy Round Ring View Binder, 3" Capacity, Black $4.50 at Walmart
- Loose notebook paper to be kept in the binder. Approximately $2.50
- 15 Tab dividers - Suggestion: Wilson Jones Insertable Tab Dividers, 5-Tab Set $0.65 at Walmart
- Writing utensil(s) - one pack of pencils and one pack of pens. (Please write your name and period in ink on each package)
Suggestion: BIC Cristal Ball Pen, Medium, Blue, 10-Pack $1.32 at Walmart and Wood Pencils No.2, 10pk, Yellow $1.89 at Walmart
- Colored pencils - pack of 24 different colors. (Please write your name and period in ink on each package) Suggestion: Crayola Long Barrel Colored Woodcase Pencils, 24 Count $2.97 at Walmart
Contact InformationNatasha Yust Averett
National Board Certified Teacher
Science Department ChairRandall K Cooper High School2855 Longbranch RoadUnion, Kentucky 41091Phone: (859) 384-5040 Ext: 15203Fax: (859) 384 - email@example.com
I am available from 2:40 - 3:30 on:
Friday August 19th
Friday August 26th
Friday September 2nd
Friday September 9th
Friday September 16th
Friday September 23rd. CANCELLED DUE TO ILLNESS
Content and study skill tutoring is available weekly after school with Mrs. Averett beginning at 2:40pm. You do not need to sign up for these tutoring sessions - they are open to all of my students.
Quick Quizzes, Quests and Tests must be made up during Voluntary In School Tutoring during JAM everyday except Wednesdays. Freshman are only eligible for this service on Mondays and Thursdays.
Media Center AvailabilityThe school Media Center (library) is open daily from 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m daily. Students can access computers, printers, email, internet and additional resources before and after school.
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically... Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
-Martin Luther King Jr.